Surry County, Virginia


Henry Wyche (1648-1713)


Written 1 Aug 1712, Proved 18 Mar 1713

Wife - not mentioned
Children listed - Hillinor, William, George, Sarah, Henry and James
Grandchildren mentioned - Sarah, Peter, and Henry
Property - cattle, horses, hogs, trooper arms (his militia guns?), beds, furniture, rug iron pots, a brass kettle, pewter dishes, real and personal estate, and his main plantation (acreage and location not specified)


In the name of God Amen. I Henry Wyche Do make this my Last Will & Testament as followeth, 

First I give & bequeath my body to the Ground to be Decently buryed my Soule to God Almighty in hopes of a Joyful Resurrection.

Item: I give and bequeath unto my Daughter Hillinor Six Cows or Cows fellows One Steer four Sheep four Sows the bed and all the furniture belongen In it, that is to Say my best bed One Iron pott one brass Kettle four pewter Dishes, the plantation with all the Land I now Live upon to her & her Heirs forever my pacing mare & her two Coults & all that Ever Shee Shall bring.

Item: I give and bequeath unto my Son William all my books my Trooper Arms two Cows, and to his Daughter Sarah a Cow Calf her father to have the male & she the female for his Trouble in Looking after it

Item: I give and bequeath unto my Son George two steers & to his Son Peter a Cow Calf his father to have the male & he the female for his Trouble in Looking after it.

Item: I give and bequeath unto my Daughter Sarah a Cow and Calf & to her Son Henry a Cow Calf the male to his father and the female to him, the male for the Trouble in Looking after it.

Item: I give and bequeath unto my Son Henry my Sorrell  Horse the old bed that is at his House One Iron pott two pewter Dishes & the old Mare and the filly she hath with her now with all she Shall bring hereafter.

Item: I give and bequeath unto my son James all the rest of my horses Mares Cattle Hogs Sheep Household Rug money Debts Including All the rest of my Estate both Reall and personall that shall be Left after my Legacys and Debts are all paid. 

And I do make my Son James whole Executor of this my Last Will and Testament. In Wittness whereof I have sett my hand & Seale this first Day of August In the year of our Lord God 1712:
Henry Wyche   
Sealed with red wax
Signed and Sealed in the presence of

      her
Jane E. Green
     mark
Henry Bedingfield

All a Court held at Southwark for
the County of Surry March ye 18th 1713:

The above mentioned Will of Henry Wyche Dece'd was presented in Court by James Wyche Executor thereof who made Oath thereto and being proved by the Oaths of Jane Green and Henry Bedingfield Wittnesses thereto the same is Ordered to be Recorded and is Recorded by
[unreadable signature]

May the 29th 1713
     To the Worshipfull Court held at Southwark for the County of Surry. An Inventory of the Estate of Henry Wyche Dece'd. Given by his appointed Ex'or James Wyche.

To one Large feather bed, to one old Ditto, to Sute of Curtins & Vallance, to three blanketts, to one Green rug, to two pillows & two boulsters, to one old Chest, to one Gallon runlett, to one old trunk, To one Oak paill, to ten pewter Dishes, to three basons & one Salt Seller, to one pewter half point pot, to twenty & two pewter spoons, to two bibles, to one Large Sermon book, to five old books, to three Iron potts & hooks, to one brass kittle, to one old frying pan, to two Cidar paills, to two pair of [3 unreadable words] Ladle & old [unreadable word], to one Iron [unreadable word], to one Iron Spit, to one Gun without a Lock, to one pair of Stillards & pea, to four pounds of wool, to one small spining wheall, to one [unreadable word] Spining wheall, to two Couches, to three yards of half thick, to one pair of mens solls, to one pound of Gun powder, to three pound of Shott, to one Leather bagg, to one Coper tenhard, to two narrow axes, to one old broad axe, to three old broad hows, to one [unreadable word] to one drawing knife, to two hand Saw, to one hole Shirted Ladle, to one old kirbe bridle, to one meal Sifter, to one gum of feathers, to Sixty & one Cattle, To Eleven horses Maires Colts & foles, to four Sheep, to Seventy & six Swyne, to two fixed Guns, to one gun not fixed, to one Case of pistalls, to three Iron wedges, to four rights for Land, to pair of wool Cards, to two feather beds & five blankets, to one old flack bed, to one pair of Shets, to one Jare, to one two gallon runlet, to one [unreadable word], to one Auger, to one narrow Chisell, to five tubs, to one pair of flush forkes, to one ring and Staple, to brake Oxen, to fifteen barrells of Corn or there abouts, to two bean Casks, to three hundred weight of Meat or there abouts, to three hand knives, to one Claw hammer, to one skillitt fraim, to three thousand Eight peny nailes, to two tables, to Cash 7 2/5, to one hackory Ladle, to one snafill bridle, to one pair of mens solls, to one Leather halter, to one plantation & one hundred acres of Land more or Less, to his own wearing apparell, to one box Smoothing Iron & two heatears.
his           
James   Wyche
mark         
Att a Court held at Southwark for the
County of Surry May the 20th 1713

The above recited Inventory of the Estate of Henry Wyche Dece'd: thus presented by James Wyche Executor of the Last Will & Testament of the said Dece'd: Was ordered to be recorded & is recorded by
[unreadable signature] 

No comments:

Post a Comment